Adobe InDesign CC – Essentials Training Course Download
Build company newsletters, brochures, annual reports. Learn typography, color theory & graphic design skills in InDesign
What you’ll learn
- You will be able to add InDesign to your CV
- You will be able to start earning money from your InDesign Skills.
- You will have over 5 of your own projects to add to your portfolio.
- You will build a flyer in InDesign.
- You will create a postcard design.
- You will build a company brochure.
- You will create a magazine layout.
- You will create a company newsletter.
- You will create your own business card.
- You will build stationery for a business including letterhead & comp slip.
- You will build a longer annual report document.
- You will create & use corporate colors.
- You will create your own colors to use in your designs.
- You will learn how to pick complimentary fonts for you design.
- You will resize, rotate & crop images.
- 76 lectures 5+ hours of well structured content.
- Learn how to create PDF files ready for printing.
- You will get the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet.
- Forum support from me and the rest of the BYOL crew.
- Techniques used by professional graphic designers.
- Professional workflows and shortcuts.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your new career path.
- You will need a copy of Adobe InDesign CC.
- No previous design skills are needed.
- No previous InDesign skills are needed.
Are you scared to learn InDesign on your own? Does it look intimidating? Don’t worry, I promise by the end of the first few videos you will realize InDesign is actually a simple to use program.
Hi there, my name is Dan. I am a graphic designer and Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) for Adobe InDesign CC.
Together we will work through real-life projects starting with a simple company flyer, then a brochure & a company newsletter. We’ll make business cards & take control of a really long annual report. You’ll learn the essential typographic, color theory & graphic design principles.
We will work with color, picking your own, and also using corporate colors. You will explore how to choose & use fonts like a professional. We will find, resize & crop images for your documents.
There are projects for you to complete, so you can practice your skills & use these for your creative portfolio.
In this course, I supply exercise files so you can play along. I will also save my files as I go through each video so that you can compare yours to mine – handy if something goes wrong.
Know that I will be around to help – if you get lost you can drop a post on the video ‘Questions and Answers’ below each video and I’ll be sure to get back to you.
I will share every design trick I have learned in the last 15 years of designing. My goal is for you to finish this course with all the necessary skills to start making beautiful documents using Adobe InDesign CC.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start using InDesign in their career & get paid for their design skills.
- This course is for people completely new to InDesign. No previous design or publishing experienced is necessary.
- This is a relaxed, well-paced introduction that will enable you to produce the most common publications. Only basic computing skills are necessary – If you can send emails and surf the internet then you will cope well with our course.