Ashtanga Yoga of the Yoga Sutras
Ashtanga Yoga of the Yoga Sutras Download
Practicing traditional Ashtanga Yoga rather than as modern postural Yoga
What you’ll learn
- Have an excellent understanding of the principles of traditional Ashtanga Yoga.
- Have a solid foundation in practicing traditional Ashtanga Yoga.
- No specific materials are needed for the course
- Materials will be provided in the Resources throughout the course.
*******Over 7,000 students are enrolled in this course*******
Yoga is a whole life process. There is actually only one Yoga, with various aspects The most known and extremely useful aspect of this one Yoga is the eight rungs (ashta=eight, anga=rungs) outlined by Patanjali in the Yoga Sutras.
The intent of this course is to provide a very practical, yet thorough overview of the systematic process of traditional Ashtanga Yoga. Our approach is essentially three-fold: First, the most essential foundation principles are introduced and explained. Second, the eight rungs (ashtanga) are each explained. Third, explanations are given on what to do with the eight rungs in conjunction with those foundation principles. This journey includes practical principles on the outcomes of the practices, and the levels of direct experience that come as a result of practicing traditional Ashtanga Yoga. The course is meant for a wide range of practitioners, including those who are new to Yoga, and those with years of experience who wish to explore the subtler, more interior aspects of Yoga. This course is a great introduction to the traditional principles and practices of Yoga before its traditional orientation was largely abandoned starting in the early 1900s.
We are passionate about these principles and practices and offer these to you from the depth of our hearts. May your Ashtanga Yoga practices bring you peace, happiness, and bliss.
In loving service,
Swami Jnaneshvara (Swami J)
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone with interest in Yoga
- The ideal student would have an active curiosity and a genuine interest in practicing the subtler aspect of traditional Ashtanga Yoga.
Snowfiles [2.4 GB]