Build A Weather App With Ajax Using Open Weather Map API Download
Use Open Weather Map API to build a web app that can be used to get current weather and forecast weather data
What you’ll learn
- At the end of the course, you will be able to know how to use Ajax to make API calls.
- Learn about the open weather map API.
- Learn how to get specific data from a JSON response.
- Get current weather information from open weather map API
- Use text animation plugin to animate text.
- Style pages and tables with CSS.
- Basic HTML/CSS
API stands for Application Programming Interface. API is basically a way for programmers to communicate with certain applications. The use of APIs in building applications is becoming increasingly popular.
In this course, we will build a complete weather app using the open weather map API. Open weather map API is simple, clear and free to use. Open weather map API provides current weather data, weather forecast data as well as historical weather data.
With our application, we will make API calls by city name to the open weather map API using Ajax to get a response in JSON format.
The weather app will be used to:
- Get current weather information like temperature, pressure, humidity, wind speed, wind direction, etc.
- Get weather forecast information of any city by city name and number of days.
- Make API calls with Ajax.
- Open weather map API description.
- Get current weather information.
- Get weather forecast information.
- Use jquery plugin to animate text.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to use APIs to build web applications.