Complete course on trademark search: for trouble-free brands Download
Discover whether your trademark can be used and registered and protect your business from trademark conflicts
What you’ll learn
- What is a trademark, types of trademarks and the basic principles of trademark protection;
- Why is it so important for you to watch out for prior registered marks;
- What are the main requirements for doing a trademark search;
- What are the official Patent Offices’ databases for trademarks;
- How to classify your brand’s goods and services in order to do a search;
- How to do a search for already registered trademarks that might be identical or similar to yours;
- Learn how to combine different available search options and criteria in order to get more precise results;
- How to do a trademark search for the territories of the US, Canada, the UK, Republic of Ireland, Australia and New Zealand
- No prior knowledge is required;
- No specific materials are required for this course.
- You need a laptop, internet connection and a browser.
- Good understanding of English language.
Welcome to the Complete course on trademark search – discover whether one trademark can be used and registered in order to protect your business from legal pitfalls.
This advanced course will help you to learn how to do a trademark search on your own. Being able to search for prior registered trademarks and to find out their status is essential when you launch a new brand in the market because this will enable you to avoid the many legal pitfalls.
Every registered trademark gives its owner the right to prohibit somebody else to use it without authorization. This is valid not only for identical trademarks but for similar too. In case that such an event takes place the trademark infringer can face different legal challenges – and even lawsuits.
Taking this into account and the fact that nowadays there are millions of registered trademarks around the world such negative outcomes cannot be ignored. One of the ways to stay on the safe ground is always to run a trademark clearance search in advance, before launching your brand in the market.
From that perspective, if you are a startup company, an entrepreneur, marketing or brand building specialist, law attorney, paralegal, freelancer or just a business owner who deals with brands, this course will be of great help to you.
THIS COURSE WILL GIVE YOU IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ABOUT THE WAY YOU CAN DO A TRADEMARK SEARCH by yourself using the official Patent Offices’ databases of the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
Knowing how to deal with these trademark databases, which target some of the leading economies in the world, will provide you with an additional tool to build a good and successful business and marketing strategies for your company.
Why to choose this course?
- It will help you to build a strong brand name which can distinguish itself from already registered trademarks
- You will be able to find out early registered trademarks that could represent obstacles for the registration of your own trademark before the Patent offices;
- Searching for registered trademarks can help you to escape potential legal pitfalls or even lawsuits;
- You will be able to check whether someone else tries to register a trademark that resembles your own;
- Acquiring skills to search for trademarks in official databases can save you money and time as well as giving you a clearer view about the chances for your brand name to be registered.
Most of the Patent Offices around the world register trademarks without any prior examination regarding earlier trademark rights. Even in the case of obtaining a trademark registration, this would be no guarantee that the trademark will not infringe on somebody else’s rights. In light of this, a preliminary trademark search is critical.
The ability to conduct such searches throughout the brand building process is useful because when you are aware of existing registered identical and similar signs you can easily make changes to your brand name in order to escape conflicts and to create a brand that will have better chances for registration as a trademark.
At the end of the course, you will be able to conduct your own trademark search successfully saving some time and money.
As a bonus, I will also include a full PDF document that covers, in a systematic way, web addresses to all Patent Offices’ databases as well as to all other tools and resources mentioned in the lectures, that you will need to do your own search.
What makes me qualified to teach you?
My name is Ventislav or just Ventsi. I’ve been working in the field of intellectual property protection and management for more than 12 years. I’ve participated in many corporate projects for launching new brands in the market and the related process of their registration before the Patent Offices. In that regard, I’ve done many trademark clearance searches that targeted different countries around the world, including the US, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. From that perspective, I’ve gained significant expertise on how to deal successfully with such trademark searches and in that way to support the relevant brand building and the subsequent registration processes.
What Am I Going to Get From This Course?
- Lifetime access to the course which covers the most essential aspects of doing a trademark search.
- Interactive screencast videos that give you a clear view on how to implement a step by step trademark search.
- Practical tasks throughout the course which will help you to put the knowledge that you will gain into practice.
- Guidance on common pitfalls and best practices regarding trademark search and how to extract the best results.
Disclaimer: The materials available in this course are for educational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice or opinion. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. The aim of this course is to teach you how to do a search for trademarks on your own, not how to assess trademarks’ identity or similarity from a legal point of view. The latter requires in-depth legal knowledge and expertise which varies country by country. The opinions expressed at or through this course are the opinions of the individual author only. This course is not an official course provided by any of the Patent Offices mentioned in it.
Who this course is for:
- Wide range from small to large business owners;
- Startup companies;
- Entrepreneurs, founders, investors, researchers etc.;
- Marketing and brand building agencies and experts;
- Different artists, designers and freelancers;
- Law students and legal professionals;