Full-Stack React, Python, and GraphQL
What you’ll learn
- How to build stunning, complete full-stack applications with React and Python
- Create robust Python backends with the Django Web Framework
- Integrate GraphQL with Python using Graphene and Graphene-Django
- Use GraphQL in great depth; from fundamental concepts to using it in full-stack apps
- The latest and greatest React concepts, including React Hooks, React Context and more
- Working with GraphQL on the backend to create a complete API (w/ Django and Graphene)
- GraphQL in React applications in great depth with Apollo Boost, Apollo Client and Apollo Client State
- Basic familiarity with React concepts (components, props)
This course is for developers looking to build complete, full-stack applications with cutting-edge React user interfaces, powered by a robust Python backend, that uses GraphQL on the server and client.
It was designed for developers who want to be ahead of the curve in the latest web technologies, focusing on how to use GraphQL from front to back, the most current techniques and tools in React, including React Hooks, Apollo Boost, and Material UI, and how to combine it all with Python, Django and Graphene for an amazing stack.
### WHAT WILL WE BE BUILDING? ###
A full-stack app from scratch with a GraphQL API made with Python (Django and Graphene), a React client app with React Hooks and Apollo Boost, state management React Context (with useContext) and Apollo Client State, media file uploads with Cloudinary and tons more.
Our app will be a social music-sharing app called ReactTracks where users can upload and share any music they like; users within our app will be able to interact with various tracks by liking them and adding tracks to their profile, searching for tracks, adding information about their music, as well as editing and deleting their tracks.
### WHAT CONCEPTS WILL IT COVER? ###
- Build robust GraphQL Backends with Python
- Craft impressive React user interfaces
- Authenticate Requests made to our Python Backend with JSON Web Tokens
- Master the latest and greatest tools in React, namely React Hooks and React Context
- Work with and understand two GraphQL client libraries in-depth–Apollo Boost and Graphene
- Manage App State in React with Apollo Client State
- Provide Routing and Protected Routes to your React apps with React Router 4
- Grasp the core concepts of GraphQL (queries, mutations, GraphQL types, variables, schemas, resolvers)
- Use Django to build robust, powerful web app backends and GraphQL APIs
- Use Graphene and Graphene-Django to use GraphQL in Python Applications
- Crafting visually impressive React apps with the #1 component library Material UI
- Media file uploads with Cloudinary / Cloudinary API
- Error handling in GraphQL, both on the client and server
- How to use GraphQL IDEs, such as GraphiQL and GraphQL Playground, to interact with your APIs
- How to use React Dev Tools and Apollo Dev Tools to easily interact with your React code
- Package management with pipenv and dependency management with npm / yarn
- And lots more!
Who this course is for:
- Python developers looking to jump into the React ecosystem and learn the latest tools
- Developers who want to learn how to use GraphQL in building real-world apps