General Networking – wireless, routers, firewalls, Cisco NAS Download
Port forwarding? Dynamic DNS? Home NAS Server? Slow Wireless? Learn how to fix your home nework. Includes 802.11ac!
What you’ll learn
- To provide insight into Networking and learn how to configure a router
- Develop working knowledge of how networks operate
- Learn about security, wireless, troubleshooting
- Find out how to configure an IP Camera and NAS Servers
- Learn how to fix your network
- Sort out wireless issues
- Hands-on labs and real world examples, including hosting your website (WordPress)
- The course emphasizes the practical application of skills
- Designed to help you develop the career skills in networking
- Interest in learning the basics of this technology
- General knowledge of computers, Internet and MS Windows
- Would be great if you had access to a test router
The course offers a hands-on learning experience with an emphasis on practical activities.
Do you want to buy an IP Camera (home surveillance system) or a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device? Maybe you want to learn how to configure your home router and enable port forwarding? Do you want to improve your Wi-Fi connection or test your Internet link? You’ve come to the right place!
In addition, General Networking Training provides a learning pathway to the Cisco, Microsoft, and Comptia certificates.
Re-recorded in March 2017, more lectures, more gadgets and devices! Now includes:
– How and where you can host a website (WordPress)
– GPS trackers and spying applications
– Antivirus applications
– Windows Server 2016
– 802.11ac – a real lab with an Asus router!
The main objective of this course is to provide you with a basic understanding of computer network technologies and concepts. You will learn how to apply all these skills in real world situations.
High quality materials: videos and documents that will help you understand all topics. All designed by an experienced Network Security Engineer. The course emphasizes the practical application of skills needed to understand and troubleshoot a Small Office / Home Office network. Learn about Dynamic DNS, Remote Support Tools (VNC, Teamviewer, Radmin), wireless security, switches, firewalls, cables and Internet connections.
Who this course is for:
- Students who want to gain fundamental computer hardware, software, and troubleshooting skills in networking
- Students preparing for Comptia, Microsoft and Cisco exams
- Everybody who is interested in home and small office networks