Google Search Console & how to use it for SEO (Aug. 2020) Download
How to use the reports & tools in Google Search Console for SEO, so that Google will love your site!
What you’ll learn
- How to analyze the performance of each single page: clicks, impressions, CTR and position
- How to find promising keyword ideas in Search Console and which kinds of keywords you should look for
- How to identify pages for which you should optimize title and description
- How to discover pages that lost or won traffic and identify the responsible keywords
- Diagnose indexing issues & see if Google indexed all relevant pages and if not, why
- Analyze the speed of your web-page using the newly released Core Web Vitals
- See if there are any usability issues on the mobile version of your website
- Optimize the internal linking structure of your website using Data from Search Console
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Search Engine Optimization
Google Search Console is one of the most critical and often underestimated SEO tools. In Search Console, you’ll find first-hand data for your on-site SEO – directly from Google for free. More than 10,000 participants (German and English combined) have enrolled in this course so far and use it to learn how to do SEO with Search Console.
In this regularly updated Google Search Console course, you will learn how to use each of the reports and tools for SEO. Using many practical examples of a live website with 10,000 monthly clicks, I’ll show you how you can use Google Search Console to make Google love your website and enable you to do SEO without paying for SEO tools.
In this course you will learn:
Which pages Google displays for which keywords in the search results (and vice versa)
How to compare the performance of a page before and after optimization
How to analyze, which pages and keywords lost or won impressions, clicks, and ranking
Which pages are shown for the same keyword (“Keyword cannibalization”)
How to get promising keyword ideas from Google Search Console and optimize your pages using these ideas
The three types of keywords you should look for in Google Search Console
How to discover pages that may need that little bit of extra optimization.
I will also show you:
How to discover, which pages Google indexed and which not and how to fix indexing problems
How to remove pages from the Google index and which requirements have to be met
Which index report categories you should take a closer look at to prevent a poor ranking.
How to analyze usability issues, the most common cause of such issues, and how to fix them.
The new Core Web Vitals will become a ranking factor from 2012. You’ll learn how to analyze them in Search Console and the Page Speed Insights Tool
How to analyze and improve your internal linking structure using Google Search Console.
What you should look if analyzing links from external sites
How to link Google Search Console an Google Analytics plus a neat little trick that will make keyword analysis in Google Analytics easier for you
Additionally, you’ll get more than 30 pages of documentation with the most essential takeaways from each lecture.
Did you know that you’ll see up to 1000 keywords per page in Google Search Console for free and not just 10, 20, or 100 keywords like in other tools?
I have been using Search Console (and its predecessor, the Webmaster Tools) for SEO since it was launched for my websites and my clients’ websites and been able to increase Google traffic from 2.000 clicks a month to 10.000 clicks a month – only by using data from Google Search Console.
Recent Updates to this course
Since I use Google Search Console every day, I quickly become aware of new features and changes. So I regularly update the course with the latest experiences, tips, and bonus chapters. I frequently ask students to vote on upcoming updates and bonus chapters! The latest updates are:
* Re-recorded and extended lecture about Core Web vitals
* Beginning of July 2020: New bonus chapter “Link Search Console with Analytics”.
* Mid July 2020: Smaller design update of the course documents.
Do you have questions about SEO and the course? I’m there for you. Use the Udemy Message function to let me know how I can help you
Are you ready to take SEO into your own hands and save money on SEO tools at the same time?
Who this course is for:
- Webmasters that want to learn more about the discover the full potential of Google Search Console
- Bloggers, Small Businesses and Shop Owners who want to do SEO without paying for tools