How to build a fully Gamified Moodle Course Download
Use exsiting Moodle content and create an online gamified course for your students!
What you’ll learn
- How to build a fully gamified Moodle course
- How to download and build a Moodle server on their home PC
- How to configure and use Moodle Quizzes, Gradebook and User Reports in a Gamified context
- How to create, edit and set criteria for Site and Course Badges
- How to add a quizventure plugin to Moodle and how to configure it
- How to use completion progress block and how to configure it
- How to integrate H5P into your gamifed course
- How to integrate H5P games into your gamifed course
- How to install, configure and use the Stash Plugin
- A basic understanding of Moodle
- You should be able to use a PC at a beginner level
- You should be able to use the Internet and Web Browsers at a beginner level
This course has been specially designed to show learners how to create a fully gamified course called Planet Learn, using exsisting Moodle content!
I’m going to begin the course by showing learner’s how to create their own Moodle instance on their own computer. This will be used throughout the course so that you can test and try all of the things I teach you.
I will explain what gamificaiton is, the concept of the course and how to effectively plan and map Moodle courses.
The optional tools required section looks at installing all the Moodle Plugins you will require for the Planet Learn game, including the Stash Plugin, the Stash Availablity Plugin, the Course Completion Plugin, the Quizventure Plugin and the Sharing Cart.
Next, I will show learners how to create a new course in Moodle, how to add animations and graphics and configure course topics to convert them to levels of the Planet Learn Game.
Then the fun begins, with the three sections which look at creating the Planet Learn game itself.
The Farm Introduction section is first, and in this section I wll show learners how to configure the Moodle topic with content, activity completion, restrict access criteria, Stash items, Stash trade items, animations and graphics, badges and even show learners how to test the game so far.
The next two topics, the Ice Planet and the Fire Planet are setup in a similar way, showing learners all the tips and tricks they require to setup and configure the Planet Learn game and associated levels.
The Final Thoughts section completes the course, where we shall look into extra levels, accessibility, uploading your own content, alternative level configurations and course completion.
So, if you want to inspire your students and revolutionise their online learning, why not sign up today?
Who this course is for:
- Administrators, Managers, Course Creators seeking to enhance Moodle courses
- Teachers looking to enhance their exsisting Moodle courses
- Professionals interested in enhancing Moodle online courses for Staff Training and Professional Development
- Professionals that use Moodle on a day to day basis and want to enhance Moodle for their students!
- Anyone interested in Learning Technology and how it can be used to enhance student learning