How to Score a Full Mark in Writing Download
Write better and more effective essays, and score higher in tests with this quality and easy-to-understand course
What you’ll learn
- Clause and sentence construction
- How to develop paragraphs and provide proper support
- How to form a convincing and strong essay
- How to revise an essay before submission
- Techniques for scoring higher in standardized tests such as TOEFL and IELTS
- Some basic English knowledge
- Desire to write better-scoring essays
I scored a full mark (30/30) in the writing section of TOEFL iBT, and I would like to share with you the things which helped me achieve it.
This course will provide you with guidelines on what you really need to know and should focus on when writing any academic essay, whether it is in a standardized test like TOEFL iBT and IELTS, or for an assignment at school or university.
If you have to write an academic essay, this course is for you.
The course begins with the basic definitions to get you ready for the lessons on writing sentences, paragraphs and, finally, essays. The course concludes with the revision process to ensure that your essays are clear, strong and error-free before submission.
The contents and techniques presented in this course will help you to write better and more effectively, and you can increase your chance of scoring higher, or even getting a full mark, in the writing section of standardized tests.
About Prin, the course instructor (You can follow my blog, podcasts and videos on my website (EdSniff) for more English knowledge, especially in writing.)
I’m an English teacher with years of experience in teaching live and online classes, and designing courses. I have taught learners of various ages, skill levels and nationalities in many topics (from general English to test preparation); and lectured at universities, schools and other organizations.
I graduated with an MA in TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages) with Merit from UCL (University College London) Institute of Education. I also hold a CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Cambridge English.
I have taken many standardized tests including:
- Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE) – Grade A (equivalent to CEFR level C2)
- TOEFL iBT – 118/120 (Listening: 30/30, Reading: 30/30, Writing: 30/30)
- IELTS – 8.5/9.0 (Listening: 9.0/9.0, Reading: 9.0/9.0)
- TOEIC – 990/990 (Listening: 495/495, Reading: 495/495)
My other English-related experiences include creating blog posts, podcasts and videos; writing a book; working as an English specialist in the editorial team of an academic journal; writing for a magazine; hosting radio shows; appearing on a TV program; working as a transcriber and translator; and working as a competition judge.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to improve their academic essays