Introduction to Finance, Accounting, Modeling and Valuation
Introduction to Finance, Accounting, Modeling, and Valuation
What you’ll learn
- #1 Best Selling Accounting Course on Udemy (Learn Finance and Accounting the Easy Way)!
- Analyze and understand an income statement (even if you have no experience with income statements).
- Analyze and understand a balance sheet (even if you have no experience with balance sheets).
- Analyze and understand a cash flow statement (even if you have no experience with cash flow statements).
- Understand and use modeling best practices, so you can create financial models.
- Know where to get data in order to build a financial model (in-depth understanding of identifying and using/navigating the best free websites and sources to build your financial model)!
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for an income statement.
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for a balance sheet.
- Create a financial model (projecting the future) for a cash flow statement.
- Understand valuation best practices, so you can create target prices based on your financial models.
- How to use Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) and how to create the Weighted Average Cost of Capital and Terminal values in order to pick target prices.
- How to use P/E in order to pick target prices.
- You don’t need to have any accounting or finance experience as we will cover all of the concepts from scratch. A requirement is that you have access to and a very basic understanding of how to use Microsoft Excel as we will use Microsoft Excel in the course as we will be analyzing and creating a Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement. We will also learn how to create the following from scratch using Microsoft Excel: financial models so we can come up with target prices using Discounted Cash Flow, the Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Price to Earnings, Price to Revenue, etc. – again all from scratch (assuming you have no or some accounting/finance knowledge).
#1 Best Selling Accounting Course on Udemy (Learn Finance and Accounting the Easy Way)! ** ACCORDING TO BUSINESS INSIDER: “Haroun is one of the highest-rated professors on Udemy, so you can expect to be in good hands through the course of your education.” ** He is the author of the best selling business course on Udemy this year called ‘An Entire MBA in 1 Course.’
This course will help you understand accounting, finance, financial modeling, and valuation from scratch (no prior accounting, finance, modeling, or valuation experience is required).
After taking this course, you will understand how to create, analyze, and forecast an income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
By the end of his course, you will also know how to value companies using several different valuation methodologies that I have used during my Wall Street career so you can come up with target prices for the companies that you are analyzing.
By the end of this course, you will also know how to analyze financial statements using many different financial ratios/formulas that I have used in my hedge fund, Goldman Sachs, and venture capital career.
Lastly, I am teaching this course in a much more visual and entertaining way; I hope you enjoy the course as I always use an ‘edutainment’ and visualization teaching approach to make complex topics simple/easy to understand.
Please note that if you already signed up for my course called “Hedge and Mutual Fund Careers: The Complete Guide,” some of the accounting and finance topics in this course were already covered in the Hedge and Mutual Fund Careers: The Complete Guide course.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in how accounting works (no prior accounting experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how finance works (no prior finance experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how modeling works (no prior modeling experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how valuation works (no prior valuation experience is needed).
- Anyone interested in how financial ratios work (no prior financial ratios experience is needed).