iOS 13 & Swift 5: Chat App With Firestore | MVVM Download
Real Time Chat App with Cloud Firestore & Swift 5
What you’ll learn
- How to build a real-time message iOS application
- How to use Cloud Firestore as a backend
- How to implement the Model View ViewModel (MVVM) architecture
- Advanced auto-layout and programmatic UI skills with Swift
- Register and authenticate users using Firebase
- Advanced UI/UX development to build a clean and visually appealing user interface
- Advanced UITableView and UICollectionView skills
- Advanced Swift techniques and architecture patterns
- How to build a user profile
- Basic knowledge of Swift and Xcode is preferred
- A Mac computer
What are we building?
In this course, you will learn how to build a real-time chat application using Firestore and Swift, ready to be published on the App Store. Throughout the process, you will develop high-level programming, app design, and app development skills. We will be building this without the use of storyboards, fully programmatically.
Why take this course?
Learning advanced development skills should be taught using real-world examples. This course will teach you how to build a fully functional messaging app, that’s completely ready to integrate into any one of your iOS Applications. You will be learning advanced front and backend development skills, from a real life professional developer. You will learn how to code like a pro, writing clean, scalable, and maintainable code. This also makes for a great project to add to your portfolio, which you can use to show off to potential employers if you’re trying to become a pro.
Some programming and basic Xcode experience is preferred. The course will move a little fast if you’re a complete beginner, but you will pick things up along the way.
What will you learn?
- How to build a fully functioning messaging interface
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of Swift 5 & Xcode 11
- How to Implement Model View ViewModel (MVVM) architecture
- Advanced level programming and app development skills
- Advanced level User Interface Design
- Advanced level back end engineering
- How to authenticate and register users with Firebase
- How to communicate with a database (read/write)
- How to monitor events in a database
- How to upload images to Firebase
- How to structure data for optimum performance
- How to programmatically construct views and controllers
- How to parse incoming JSON data from database
- How to use CocoaTouch classes, UIKit, UserNotifications and more
- How to use CocoaPods and custom third party APIs
- How to implement/use protocols
- How to implement custom subclasses for clean and reusable code
- How to dynamically size collection view cells
- How to create extensions and functions for clean and reusable code
Who this course is for:
- Upper level beginner to intermediate