Java Spring Tutorial Masterclass – Learn Spring Framework 5 (Updated)
Java Spring Tutorial Masterclass – Learn Spring Framework 5
What you’ll learn
- Be able to apply in confidence for Spring developer jobs.
- Master the core skills needed to become a Spring Framework developer.
- Obtain the skills to create your own Spring 5 projects.
- Confidently be able to transition to other Java EE technologies.
- Learn industry “Best Practices” for Spring 5 development from professional developers.
- Have the ability to demonstrate your knowledge of Spring Framework development.
- Understand core technologies like Spring Core, Spring MVC, and other technologies.
- Know how Spring fits in the Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) space.
- You’ve either already got it or it’s FREE. Here’s the checklist:
- A computer – Windows, Mac, and Linux are all supported. Setup and installation instructions are included for each platform.
- Your ENTHUSIASM to learn the worlds #1 web framework, and then to showcase it on your RESUME!
- Everything else needed to start programming in the Spring Framework is already included in the course.
There is no doubt that having Spring Framework skills on your résumé will make you a more employable Java developer.
Spring developers are in high demand and are paid handsomely. However, the framework is huge. That’s because it consists of lots of modules and projects. Learning it can take you months. You will often find that a Java Spring tutorial or training course will focus on parts of the framework that don’t get used that much.
What Spring technologies should you focus on initially?
Many Java spring courses teach you all sorts of things you really don’t need to know when you are starting out.
If you are just starting out with Spring, the areas that will have the biggest impact for you are Spring Core, Spring MVC and Spring Boot 2.
Spring Core is an application framework and inversion of control (ioc) container for the java platform.
Spring MVC, or Spring Web MVC to be more precise is a web framework and provides Model View Controller architecture. It’s built around a DispatcherServlet.
Spring Boot 2.0 is a way to create standalone Spring based Applications that you can just run – so it simplifies the entire process of creating and deploying Spring apps – It can embed databases and do all sorts of configuration automatically.
These three areas are a great place to start – just having these skills will take you a long way. Of course, there is more to learn, but these are the areas to focus on initially.
Why this course is perfect if you want to learn Spring 5 fast.
A Java Spring tutorial needs to teach you the core technologies listed above as an absolute minimum. This course will get you up to speed with those technologies.
Having good knowledge of a Java template engine that works with the Spring 5 framework, and a detailed understanding of the build tools (for building single and multi module projects) is highly desirable.
We’ve added comprehensive training for Thymeleaf 4 as well as Maven 3 in the course to give you those skills.
This content is ready for you to get started with today. We’ve been working hard on some final training that we believe will round out a Spring developers skills perfectly.
The final content we are in the process of adding to the course now is for Gradle (another build tool), Spring Data (provides access to persistence stores), JPA (Java Persistence Layer), Hibernate (Object Relational Mapping tool) and database versioning (like source control but for databases).
This content will be provided to existing students in the course for free in the coming weeks.
Bonus Free Spring training
Our original course was released with Spring 4 which was the current version at the time – we created a course around that, using the Eclipse editor.
Unlike other Udemy Spring courses, we completely upgraded the content to Spring 5 – We re-recorded what is effectively a brand new course for Spring 5 using JetBrains award winning IntelliJ IDEA and released if free to existing students.
This older content is still available for you to access after you have been through the brand new training – It’s still useful as some companies still use Spring 4 technology.
What skills do you need to take the course?
This course is for anyone who wants to get into Spring framework programming. We assume you have never used Spring previously.
Any Java Enterprise edition (Java EE) technology requires you to know at least some Java programming. That’s because Java EE is built on top of the Java Standard Edition (Java SE). That’s the regular Java language.
The Spring Framework is built on top of Java EE, and thus you need to have some basic Java programming skills to be able to go through this course.
If you’ve been through at least some of the Java Masterclass on Udemy (created by one of the instructors in this course) or similar Java training, then you will have no problem going through the course.
Enrol now using the “Add to Cart” button on the right, and get started today. Or, take this course for a free spin using the preview feature, so you know you’re 100% certain this course is for you.
- The course is 100% for you if you’re wanting to become a Spring programmer!
- However, if you’re already an expert Spring programmer with years of experience and knowledge of all the latest updates, then this course is not for you.
- You should at list some basic Java knowledge Java experience – check out the Java Masterclass on Udemy if you need those skills.