What you’ll learn
- Explore the differences between package managers, build tools, and deployment options
- Utilize real-world APIs to write portfolio-building projects
- In this course, I will help you install the necessary software, libraries, and tools on your computer. It will be helpful if you are comfortable with installing your own software and knowing a couple terminal commands (specifically mkdir and cd).
Whether you are a student or working developer who only knows Java or Python, a wannabe developer who’s learning on their own, an applicant for a coding bootcamp, or a developer who hasn’t touched web technologies in a while, the concepts covered in this course will help you beef up your knowledge, your skills, your resume, and your portfolio.
In this course, you will:
- Call real-world APIs and parse the data in your own web projects
- Use popular web tooling including npm, Yarn, Grunt, Gulp, and webpack
- Study the ins and outs of React component lifecycles, state, properties, and other core React concepts
- Build modern web projects with React
- Deploy your web applications online for the world to see
- Take real-world interview practice quizzes as you build your knowledge
Who is the target audience?
- People who want to build modern web applications with React
- Developers who want to build their resume material with a modern framework
- People interested in applying to join a coding bootcamp
- College students who want to try their hand at web programming