Kubernetes Certified Administrator by School of Devops® Download
What you’ll learn
- Understand the need for a Container Orchestration System and Key Features of Kubernetes
- Install and configure a Kubernetes Cluster
- Create deployments with replicasets and setup highly available self healing application infrastructure
- Setup service discovery and load balancing with Kubernetes Services, understand the service networking
- Manage different types of workloads with Daemonsets, Statefulsets, Crons and Jobs
- Understand how persistent storage works with PVs, PVCs, Storageclasses and dynamic provisioners
- Setup Auto Scaling with Horizontal Pod Autoscaler
- Create RBAC Policies, Roles/ClusterRoles and Bindings
- Docker Fundamentals – Running Containers, Building Images with Dockerfiles etc.
- Basic YAML syntax
- Basic Linux Commands
Just like how real world shipping containers revolutionised the way goods are packaged, handled and transported across the globe industry, Docker along with open container ecosystem is transforming the software delivery by brining in the standardisation. Docker offers a way to run isolated processes and also allows one to package an application along with its run time environment using primitives such as dockerfiles. However, when it comes to running docker in a production like environment, with container work loads spanning across more than one nodes, you need a COE ( Container Orchestration Engine). COEs offer clustering and convert your nodes into one super computer, make intelligent decisions as to where to schedule the containers, connect containers running on different nodes by setting up multi host network and offer many other interesting features such as fault tolerance, zero downtime deployments etc.
Kubernetes is the gold standard in the world of container orchestration. It was originally created by Google, based on their experience of building and managing containers at scale ( at Google Scale). However its now driven by Cloud Native Compute Foundation ( CNCF), an open body, which also offers the official certification i.e. “Kubernetes Certified Administrator“. Kubernetes comes with mind boggling features, is very reliable, and extremely sophisticated container orchestration engine. It can let you convert your infrastructure into a Container as a Service (Platform), brining in some of the awe inspiring features such as Zero Down Time Deployments, Fault Tolerance, Auto Scaling, Cloud and Storage integrations, which were extremely difficult to implement. And it brings it to the masses with its truly open, lock in free eco system.
With Kubernetes’ sophistication however, comes the complexity too. Even though I have been using Kubernetes for more than 2 years now, almost every month, I find something new about kubernetes, something really cool, be it cloud integrations, or the newly introduced RBAC, be it dynamic storage provisioning, or stateful sets, its a fascinating world once you start exploring it. However, you would definitely need a guide once you while you navigate the complex world of Kubernetes, and this course serves just that. its been created in a way that you start learning kubernetes fround grounds up, one small step at a time, feature by feature.
This course brings to you a distilled experience with my knowledge of building and managing infrastructures, experience of helping companies with their devops journey and more than 300 corporate trainings. This is a well researched program and I have tried many variants of applications, with different flows, took feedback, and iterated many times. Thats one of the reasons why it took us more than 4 months to even launch the course in its first form. We have also started incorporating some new and useful techniques including glassboard, mindmaps to explain the concepts better and make things easier. I and my team wants to make this program the best in the world, and are constantly working towards it.
Here is what this course would cover, one step at a time,
- Introduction to Kubernetes and the key concepts
- Setting up learning Environment
- Replication Controllers and Replica Sets
- ConfigMaps and Secrets
- Persistent Storage
Our next version would include many additional topics including,
- Release Strategies
- Horizontal Pod Autoscaler
- Helm Package Manager
- Ingress Controllers
- CI/CD with Kubernetes
When you sign up for this course now, you are guaranteed to receive these updates, that our promise to you ! We wish you all the best while learning Kubernetes !!
Who this course is for:
- Developers who would like to deploy their applications with containers and like to understand how to leverage Kubernetes features
- Operations or devops folks who would like to build Container as a Service and/or Operate it
- Anyone who would like to understand Kubernetes from grounds up
- Anyone who wants to run containers in Production or Production Like Environments
- Anyone who wants to appear for Kubernetes Certified Administrator Exam from CNCF
Kubernetes Certified Administrator by School of Devops Download
Mirror 1 (Recommended) || Mirror 2 [7.9 GB]