Learn KPIs & Financial Metrics Download
Learn KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) with real life examples: GutBuddy Yogurt Inc. and SpaBooker Inc.
What you’ll learn
- Learn KPIs by diving deep into two different businesses: A Yogurt Manufacturer, and an Online Marketplace
- The thought process, and why we choose the KPIs
- The factors that drive each KPI and business recommendations to improve them
- How to create a KPI Dashboard to measure company’s success
- How to tell KPIs like a story, and not just a ratio
- None, this course is meant for all levels
KPIs are simple yet powerful tools to measure the health of any business
In this class, I show you the best practices on setting KPIs and a step-by-step design of a KPI Dashboard. I will teach you how to interpret and speak about commonly used KPIs that are used by the most successful financial financial analysts.
We will go through two different businesses:
1) GutBuddy Yogurt Inc.
A manufacturer of yogurt. We will learn KPIs around sales as well as cost optimization.
2) SpaBooker Inc.
An online marketplace. We will learn KPIs around Take Rate, Customer Acquisition Cost, and many more.
I will cover Days Sales Outstanding (DSO)
This KPI gives a snapshot of the health of customer relations. How fast are you invoicing & collecting from customers? How favorable are your customer payment terms? These are all factors we will talk about in the course.
I will walk you through Days Payables Outstanding (DPO)
This KPI helps a business keep track of it’s Working Capital optimization. I will teach you all the factors that could impact this KPI and how to improve it.
I will teach you how to structure your worksheet in Excel.
I will show you the model used by the most successful analysts. You will learn how to segregate your raw data from your formulas and finally create a separate great looking dashboard.
How to write your Excel formula like you are telling a story in your head!
If you are not familiar with the Index/Match formula, I will show you how to always remember how to write it like you are telling a story. This way you will never forget!
Bonus lectures – We will cover the Accounting basics
We will go over the flow of data in Accounting from business activities all the way to the Financial Statements.
I am a CPA and controller of a tech startup in New York City and have a wide range of experiences ranging from public/corporate accounting to financial planning & analysis over the past 12 years.
This class is meant for:
- Accounting/Finance major students and those who are thinking about majoring in the field.
- Accountants, financial analysts, controllers and CFOs
- Accounting and/or Finance major college students.
- Business owners
Who this course is for:
- Accounting/Finance students
- FP&A analysts
- Finance Professionals
- Business owners