Microcontroller Embedded C Programming: absolute beginners Download
Foundation course on Embedded C programming using STM32 Microcontroller.
What you’ll learn
- ‘C’ programming from scratch
- Data types,variables, declarations,
- Importance of Bit-Wise operators in “Embedded” programming
- Bit manipulation techniques using bit-wise operators and examples
- Bit extraction and working with memory mapped peripheral registers
- Other operators of ‘C’ (arithmatic, logical, relation, assignment )
- Functions in ‘C’
- Implicit and explicit casting and its importance
- Pointers and casting
- Pointers arithmetic and importance of pointer datatypes
- Accessing memory mapped peripheral registers using pointers
- Structures and unions
- Importance of structures in peripheral register access
- Structure and bit fields
- Configuring peripheral register addresses using bit fields
- Structures and pointers
- interfacing LEDs, Keypad
- Const and volatile type qualifiers
- importance of volatile during compiler optimization
- const data, const pointer, cont volatile explanation with examples
- Importance of const
- Loops : for, while, do while
- Basic understanding of number systems , logic gates , bits and bytes.
- STM32F407 discovery board is required if you want to try out code on the target
==> This should be your very first course to dive into the exciting world of “Embedded Systems.” <==
This is our new course mainly targeted for absolute beginners to learn microcontroller programming using the ‘C ‘ programming language.
Please note that “Embedded C” is NOT a separate programming language. ‘Embedded C’ is rather embedded target aware programming using traditional ‘C’ programming language.
Some of the critical microcontroller-related ‘C’ concepts such as
- Importance of bitwise operators
- Usage of bit manipulation techniques to program MCU peripheral registers
- accessing memory-mapped registers using pointers
- pointers and casting
- structures, bitfields, unions, and bit extraction techniques
- representing hardware registers details and configuring them using ‘C’ structure definitions
- Usage of const and volatile type qualifiers
- Interpret complex variable definitions involving the combination of const and volatile
- The precise usage of const pointers, const data, volatile const, with pointer and non-pointer variables
- The behavior of the code during compiler optimization and solution using volatile
- Functions and friends
- Data types, variables definitions, storage class specifiers and much more
- Loops: while, for, do. while
- MCU internal architecture and programming peripherals
- Interfacing projects
All these concepts are discussed with clear examples and writing code for the target embedded board.
According to 2017 embedded dot com survey still ‘C’ is one of the most widely used programming languages for embedded code development
This course gives particular emphasis to learn ‘C’ programming concepts practically for microcontroller use cases.
1. You need ARM Cortex M4 based STM32F407 DISCOVERY board from ST if you want to try out code on the target.
2. Additional interfacing components may be required for interfacing projects
3. You can also be able to follow this course if you have any other boards from ST such as Nucleo or evaluation.
1. In this course, Eclipse-based STM32CubeIDE is used as the IDE ( works on Windows/Linux/Mac) (FREE)
Learning order of FastBit Embedded Brain Academy Courses,
If you are a beginner in the field of embedded systems, then you can take our courses in the below-mentioned order.
This is just a recommendation from the instructor for beginners.
1) Microcontroller Embedded C Programming: absolute beginners(Embedded C)
2) Embedded Systems Programming on ARM Cortex-M3/M4 Processor(ARM Cortex M4 Processor specific)
2) Mastering Microcontroller with Embedded Driver Development(MCU1)
3) Mastering Microcontroller: TIMERS, PWM, CAN, RTC,LOW POWER(MCU2)
4) Mastering RTOS: Hands-on FreeRTOS and STM32Fx with Debugging(RTOS)
5) ARM Cortex M Microcontroller DMA Programming Demystified(DMA)
6) STM32Fx Microcontroller Custom Bootloader Development(Bootloader)
7) Embedded Linux Step by Step using Beaglebone Black(Linux)
Who this course is for:
- Beginners curious about embedded systems and microcontroller programming