Microsoft Excel Step by Step Training for Beginners! [Updated]
Microsoft Excel Step by Step Training for Beginners! Download
Learn all the basics of Microsoft Excel and begin creating amazing templates and tables in just a few hours!!
What you’ll learn
- Basic controls – Opening Excel, Navigation, Scrolling Zooming
- A Quick Glimpse of the Power of Excel – Full Table Design, fill handle, Autosums, Basic Formula’s, Formatting, Wordart, Status Bar
- The Quick Access Toolbar – Productivity Tool, Keyboard Shortcuts
- Cell and Sheet Control – Cell Inputting, Table Navigation, Formatting Cells, Copying and Pasting, Fonts, Row and Column Manipulation, Sheets, Screen Tiling
- “If” function – Logic Functions, “If” Formula, “And” Formula, “Or” Formula
- Charts and Graphs – Line Graphs, Scatter Plots, Column Charts, Pie Graphs, Trend Lines
- Microsoft Excel 2007 or later
- Access to a computer
- Access to the internet
- Pdf file reader (Adobe Acrobat, Adobe Reader, etc. This should come standard with your computer)
- No prior Excel knowledge required
- Access to computer and internet
- Paper and pen to take notes
WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
- Are you a business professional needing to up-skill?
- Are you struggling to get a pay-rise and/or promotion?
- You a recent graduate with an empty looking resume and no job experience?
- Have you recently been laid off, fired or had a contract end?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then having “Expert Microsoft Office Skills” will get you closer to your goal of either landing your first job, a new job or progressing further in your current role. Here’s why.
The job market has never been more volatile. Statistically, people are changing jobs more often now than they ever have before and that also means people are also losing jobs to newcomers who are far more skilled. So if you’re not up-skilling, you’re falling behind. It’s scary I know. I’ve experienced this myself.
A study released by Microsoft and the IDC showed that among 14.6 million job postings, proficiency in Microsoft Office was ranked 2nd as the most desired skills by employers leading up to 2020. Microsoft Office proficiency ranked higher than Project Management skills, Sales Experience, Time Management, Analytical Skills, Interpersonal Skills and Work Ethics.
This is because we live in the digital age, meaning employers are looking for proficient data handlers who process data faster, are more data-organised and can communicate effectively via digital channels. These are skills everyone should have no matter the discipline because they are transferable skills. It makes you more adaptable and more valuable in the long-term. This brings us back to Microsoft Office. It is the oldest, most well-known, most affordable and most trusted data management tool available and hence everyone uses it. So to be noticed and taken seriously in your job or job application, proficiency in these programs is compulsory.
ONLINE TRAINING AND THE MOST COMMON PROBLEMS
One of the most common problems with online learning content is that there is so much of it now and it’s difficult to know where to start or who to turn to. Many go the YouTube route and piece together videos from hundreds of tutorials from hundreds of tutors hoping to become an expert at the end of it all. This simply won’t happen and will just waste your time.
Many take the route you’re about to take, they decide to enroll in an online training course. Many charge hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars for their courses which is simply unaffordable for university students, recent graduates, the unemployed or those looking for a career change. That is the reason why I have decided to keep this course as low as possible even though I’m offering substantially more content than most of my competitors here on Udemy.
COURSE DELIVERY STYLE
I have been using Microsoft Office for over 20 years. I know the in’s and out’s and the simplest ways of doing things. My delivery philosophy is simple, if I can’t get a 6 year old to follow along and understand, than I’m not teaching correctly. I hate complicated language and so do you. Nobody likes trainers who focus on impressing rather than teaching and giving value to students. That is also why my lecture videos are as short as can be and divided into small sections for easy consumption. So you won’t get unnecessary chit chat or nonsense. I also assume that all my students are near-sighted and as such, I use a special software tool that allows me to draw on the screen to show exactly what I’m about to press as well as zoom in on small area’s so you don’t miss a thing.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
In this course I’ll take you from knowing nothing about Microsoft Excel to being able to use formatting options, the quick access toolbar, table navigation, row and column control, IF functions, line graphs and charts, image control and artistic effects, text editing features, printing setup and much more!
Who this course is for:
- This course has been designed for the absolute beginner. Never touched Microsoft Excel before? Then you’ve found the right place.
- If you’re intermediate or expert and want to freshen up on the fundamentals, no problem, come on in!!
- People from any country
- People of all ages
- If you’re only going to take a small part of the course, then this is not for you. To experience the full effect, you must take the full course