Modern Java – Learn Java 8 features by coding it Download
Learn Lambdas, Streams, new Date APIs, Optionals, and Parallel Programming in Java 8 by coding it.
What you’ll learn
- Learn Functional programming in Java
- Students will be able to implement the new Java 8 concepts in real-time
- Learn to build complex Streams Pipeline.
- Learn the new Date/Time Libraries in Java 8
- Complete understanding of Lambdas, Streams, Optional via code.
- Learn to use Method Reference, Constructor reference syntax.
- Learn and understand Parallel Programming with the Streams.
- The student will be able to upgrade their Java knowledge with the new Functional Features.
- This course will be continuously updated.
- Students should have a basic knowledge of Java.
- Students should have knowledge about IDE such as Eclipse, Intellij IDEA
- At least Java 8 is needed for this course. Any Java version greater than Java 8 works too
Learn the new Java 8 Features by coding it. This is a pure coding course and you will get a complete understanding of all the Java 8 features by coding it.
Why Should I take this course?
- This course will help the Java developers to build their knowledge on the new Java 8 features.
- All the new features such as Lambdas, Streams, Optionals, Functional Interfaces, and Parallel Programming will be explained via code.
- This course will give you the confidence on implementing new Java 8 features in real Java projects.
- By the end of this course, you will have a complete understanding of new Java 8 functional features.
Course Overview :
Section 1 – Getting Started:
- This section explains what will be covered in this course.
Section 2 – Why Java-8 ?:
- this section covers why Java 8 is important
- This section explains the difference between Imperative Programming and Declarative Programming.
Section 3 – WorkSpace Setup – Mac/Windows:
- This section covers the installation of Java and IntelliJ in Mac and Windows.
Section 4: Introduction to Lambda
- Implement the Runnable interface using Lambdas.
- Implement the Comparator interface using Lambdas.
Section 5: Lambdas and Functional Interfaces
- This section covers the new Functional Interfaces that got introduced as part of Java 8.
- Consumer Functional Interface
- Predicate Functional Interface
- Function Functional Interface
- Supplier Functional Interface.
By the end of this course, you will have a complete understanding of all the Java 8 features and implement them in real Java projects.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone willing to learn the new Java Features like Lambdas, Streams, Parallel Programming, New Data Time Libraries and etc.,
- Java developers who would like to take their knowledge to the next level to write more concise and readable code