Node.js: The Complete Guide to Build RESTful APIs Download
What you’ll learn
- Build the backend for your web and mobile apps
- Implement CRUD operations
- Handle and log errors, the right way
- Write unit and integration tests
- Practice test-driven development (TDD)
- Store and retrieve complex data in MongoDB
- Implement authentication and authorization
- Deploy your Node apps to production
- Apply the best practices for building fast, scalable and secure apps
What is Node.js?
Why learn Node?
Node is great for prototyping and agile development as well as building super fast and highly scalable apps; Companies like Uber and PayPal use Node in production to build applications because it requires fewer people and less code. Plus, Node has the largest ecosystem of open-source library, so you don’t have to build everything from scratch.
A step-by-step, A to Z course
What you’ll get when you sign up for this course:
- 15 hours of HD videos, complete with exercises and solutions
- A real-world project: you’ll build the back-end for a video rental application, not a dummy to-do app!
- No more wasted time on lengthy courses or out-of-date tutorials
- Up-to-date and practical information and solutions (no fluff!)
- The opportunity to learn at your own pace – lifetime access – so take your time if you prefer
- Expert tips to become a Node rockstar
- The best practices and common pitfalls to avoid
- Watch on any device, online or offline – mobile friendly and downloadable lessons
- Certificate of completion to present to your employer
You’ll learn to:
- Confidently build RESTful services (APIs) using Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB
- Employ the best practices for Node.js
- Avoid common mistakes
What we’ll cover:
- Node module system
- Node Package Manager (NPM)
- Useful ES6+ features
- Implementing CRUD operations
- Storing complex data in MongoDB
- Data Validation
- Authentication and authorization
- Handling and logging errors the right way
- Unit and integration testing
- Test-driven development (TDD)
This course is for you if:
You’re a back-end developer who is used to working with frameworks like ASP.NET, Rails, Django, etc. You want to add Node.js to your toolbox.
You’re a front-end developer and want to transition to full-stack development.
You’ve tried other Node.js tutorials and found them to be too slow, out-of-date, and boring!
Having Node.js on your resume helps you find more jobs and make more money.
Who is your instructor?
Hi! My name is Mosh Hamedani and I help ambitious developers take their coding skills to the next level. I’m a software engineer with more than 15 years of experience and I’ve taught over 200,000 students through my online courses. My YouTube channel, Programming with Mosh, has been watched more than 6M times. My students describe my teaching as clear, concise, and fun, without any fluff.
Do you want to become a Node rockstar? Enroll in the course and get started.
Who this course is for:
- You’re a back-end developer familiar with frameworks like ASPNET, Rails, Django, etc. Now, you want to add Node to your toolbox.
- You’re a front-end developer and want to transition to full-stack development.
- Having Node on your resume helps you find more jobs and make more money.