Product Owner Fundamentals – IIBA Endorsed Download
Prepare for a Product Owner position by learning the needed PO mindset, skills, responsibilities, and best practices
What you’ll learn
- Gain an understanding of what the Product Owner role is, their responsibilities, and how they generate value for organizations
- Learn the foundational concepts of Agile Scrum including Scrum artifacts, events, and best practices.
- Shift from a Project Mindset to a Product Mindset, where the focus is on maximizing value
- Learn how to bring a product to life, from vision to creation
- No experience is necessary – this course will teach you Product Owner concepts from the ground up
Looking to get ECBA®, CCBA®, or CBAP® certified or recertified? – This course qualifies for 2.5 PD Hours/CDUs!
THE DEMAND FOR PRODUCT OWNERS CONTINUES TO EXPAND AS MORE AND MORE ORGANIZATIONS ADOPT AGILE SCRUM. THIS COURSE WILL TEACH YOU THE FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS YOU NEED TO BE A SUCCESSFUL PRODUCT OWNER.
The Product Owner (PO) is the most critical role in Agile Scrum. They are responsible to talk with the business, understanding their wants and needs, and then collaborating with the Development Team to create a product – a piece of software, a service, or a process – that satisfies those identified needs.
In this course, we prepare you for that Product Owner position. We’ll teach you about the mindset, the responsibilities, the activities, the skills, best practices, and the core concepts you’ll need to know to be a successful Product Owner (PO).
Why become a Product Owner in the first place?
1. Potential Earnings – Let’s be honest it’s the main reason we work in the first place. So, you’ll be happy to hear that a typical Product Owner (PO) earns over $100,000 USD per year. And that is only the average. Work hard, continue to increase the value you provide through study and training, and just imagine how much you could end up making!
2. Job Growth – With the abundance of organizations adopting Agile and Scrum, the Product Owner role has benefited with a 24% annual growth (US) and being declared an emerging job by LinkedIn. There is no better time than now to learn the fundamentals needed to be a Product Owner.
3. Career Springboard – The skills you learn as a Product Owner are crucial to a host of many other professions, everything from Business to IT. This career path isn’t just a job, it’s an investment in your future, no matter where life takes you.
4. Fulfilling Outcomes – Being able to positively influence and make decisions that shape the value a product provides to customers, generates a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment. And this is probably a big reason the average Product Owner is highly satisfied with their job.
5. It’s Never Boring – Business and customer needs are always changing and evolving, and your product needs to stay up-to-speed. This could mean new features, a change in the workflow, an updated customer experience, or adjusting your product to meet the needs of a new market segment. It is never boring because there is always additional value that can be provided.
So if you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career, I highly encourage you to take a serious look into becoming a Product Owner!
Here’s some feedback from the students who’ve already taken our courses:
“The instructor is engaging and really provides you with what you need to have the mindset to be a successful Product Owner. The content really helps you understand what you can do to provide value to an organization in this role.” – Michelle
“I really love how clear Jeremy is laying out the PO role. Understanding exactly how the PO plays part in the scrum team.” – Josh
“Great quality work. I like how Jeremy breaks everything down, so it’s understandable even if you don’t have any background. Awesome courses!!!” – Oleg L.
“This course does a great job of breaking down the different pieces that go into how a successful product owner operates.” – Sameer
What’s Included in this course?
- High-Quality Video Lectures that break down and simplify the complex terms and topics into practical and logical pieces so they can be more easily understood.
- Quizzes to validate your learning and increase information retention and comprehension.
- Activities to give you practical experience and help you apply the knowledge to real-world situations and examples.
- Downloadable Resources to provide you with a reference on the job and in the classroom.
- 1-on-1 Instructor Support enables you to have your questions answered and any confusion cleared up.
- Lifetime Access with NO Expiration so you can learn at your own pace and come back at any time you feel unsure or need a refresher.
As an added bonus, this course also includes The BA Guide’s 30-Minute Agile Scrum Round-Up. This inclusion allows you to get up to speed on Agile Scrum and its core elements, ensuring you a solid understanding of the roles, artifacts, events, and best practices. Setting you up for success, regardless of your past Agile Scrum experience.
The BA Guide’s TEACH, SHOW, DO
This course makes use of The BA Guide’s TEACH, SHOW, DO technique – a method I’ve developed over my years of experience in the industry training and managing business analysis and product owner professionals. This technique will help ensure you with total comprehension of the topic at hand and maximum information retention long after you’ve completed the course.
- TEACH – You first learn the concept, in detail, from the ground up. But I won’t simply teach you the concept in isolation – you’ll learn HOW and WHEN to use it too.
- SHOW – Once you fully understand the concept, we enhance that by walking you step-by-step through real-world examples – so you can see exactly how the concept would pan out if you were to apply it in the real world.
- DO – Firmly cement everything you’ve learned so far and put your new knowledge to the test by completing the included activities and quizzes. Validate you’ve fully understood the concept and greatly increase your ability to retain the information you’ve learned.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn” – Benjamin Franklin
In short, this course provides you with the foundational knowledge and know-how that will prepare you for a successful career as a Product Owner.
Enroll today and I look forward to engaging with you in the classroom!
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring Product Owners, including those looking to make a career change and recent college graduates
- New Product Owners wanting to improve their skills and generate additional value
- Business Analysts and Business Professionals looking to expand their knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Those planning on achieving Scrum Org’s Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) certification