Python OOP – Object Oriented Programming for Beginners Download
Learn Object Oriented Programming with Mini Projects, Coding Sessions, and Carefully Designed Graphics and Explanations.
What you’ll learn
The principles of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) using Python.
How the elements of Object Oriented Programming work behind the scenes.
Understand how classes work and how you can create instances from classes.
Implement and call methods. Understand their purpose within classes.
Define instance attributes and class attributes. Learn their differences.
Use ‘self’ to refer to instances. Learn how it works behind the scenes.
Work with inheritance to reuse code, improve design, and avoid repetition.
Practice key aspects of OOP such as Docstrings and Special Methods.
Basic Python and programming knowledge (data types, variables, functions, conditionals, and loops).
Basic knowledge of lists, tuples, and dictionaries is required to complete the mini projects.
Python 3 and Python Shell or a Python IDE installed on your device.
Coding exercises can be submitted directly on the browser.
Learn Object Oriented Programming (OOP) in Python with mini projects, hands-on practice, and carefully designed visual explanations. Understand how the elements and abstract concepts of OOP work behind the scenes. Apply your knowledge to new scenarios.
Object Oriented Programming is Your Next Step Into the In-demand and Powerful World of Python
- Create and work with classes and instances to write Python programs.
- Understand how they work behind the scenes.
- Learn when to use instance attributes vs. class attributes.
- Implement and call methods. Understand their purpose.
- Take advantage of the power of inheritance to avoid code repetition.
- Use key concepts like Docstrings and Special methods in your programs.
“Even total noob will understand the OOP here :)” — Łukasz Bryzek
“I love how the instructor explains things in simple language and relates it to everyday life. I actually understand! I’m just at the beginning of the course and am excited about continuing.” — Donny Lobree
“I would strongly recommend this course if you are new to programming and want to master the basics of OOP.” — Demayne Collins
“The learning sticks. The coverage of Python classes here, for me, has been better than how this topic has been covered in a couple of other Python classes I have from more well-established Python instructors. Hats of to the instructor for putting this together.” — Thomas P
“Perfect for persons without any clue in oop!” — Patrick Onegin
Add New Python Skills To Your Resume
Python is currently one of the most popular programming languages and its popularity continues rising every year. It is used for real-world applications in diverse areas such as Data Science, Game Development, Web Development, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and many more. Learning Object Oriented Programming in Python is your next step into the powerful world of computer science.
Content & Overview
With high-quality video lectures that include graphics and animations, you will learn and work with these concepts:
- Instance Attributes
- Class Attributes
- The ‘self’ parameter
- Special Methods
- …. and more!
You will create a mid-term course project, a text-based version of the Blackjack game following the principles of Object Oriented Programming.
Learning Material & Resources
Throughout the course, you will find these resources:
- Video lectures: carefully designed graphics, animations, and explanations.
- Mid-term Course Project: you will create a text-based version of the Blackjack game using the principles of Object Oriented Programming.
- Mini Projects: apply your knowledge at the end of each section with these mini projects.
- Solutions to the Mini Projects: each mini project has its corresponding solution.
- PDF Handouts: unique study guides with a graphical summary of the key aspects of each section.
- Coding Exercises: practice key concepts with the coding exercises.
- Solutions to the Coding Exercises: each coding exercise has its corresponding solution.
- Quizzes: check your knowledge interactively after each lecture with short quizzes that have unlimited attempts.
- PDF Slides: download the slides used in each section as a pdf file. Take your learning with you anywhere you go.
- Python Files: download the code used for each section as a compressed (.zip) file with individual python (.py) files.
- Articles: read complementary articles to expand your knowledge.
- Capstone Project: apply your knowledge in a final capstone project.
- Discussion Forums: ask questions on the discussion forums and discuss interesting topics with your peers.
Why is this course unique?
This course is unique because of its emphasis on providing visual and detailed explanations of how the elements of Object Oriented Programming (OOP) work behind the scenes, so you will not only learn how to use them in Python, you will actually understand what each line of code does behind the scenes.
During the course, you will apply your knowledge by completing mini projects that simulate simplified real-world scenarios such as fixing classes in a bakery system, representing bacteria for educational software using instance attributes, implementing inheritance for a videogame, completing the system of a vending machine, and many more. Each mini project includes its corresponding solution.
Unique study materials complement the course experience. You will find PDF handouts specifically designed for the course with a graphical summary of the key aspects of each section.
You will solve coding exercises directly on the browser and you will receive instant feedback for your submission.
You will check your knowledge with short Quizzes after each main lecture. The Quizzes provide instant feedback, so you can see the correct answer immediately. The quiz questions were designed to make you think more deeply about the topics presented.
You will receive a certificate of completion that you can add to your social media profiles to showcase your new skills.
You will also have lifetime access to the course and to all the new additions.
You are very welcome to watch the preview lectures and check out the full course curriculum.
If you are looking for an engaging, visual, and practical course, you’ve found it.
Add “Object Oriented Programming in Python” to your resume and showcase your new skills!
Who this course is for:
- New developers who know the basics of Python and would like to expand their knowledge.
- Developers and Students who want to learn how to work with Object Oriented Programming.
- Self-taught developers who wish to dive into the world of Object Oriented Programming from the basics.
- Programmers who need to refresh their knowledge on this topic.