Software Architecture: REST API Design – The Complete Guide Download
Become a better Software Architect by designing professional, easy to use and attractive REST API
What you’ll learn
- Best Practices of professional REST API
- Correct use of HTTP Verbs, URL structure and response codes
- Using world-leading documentation engine to document your REST API
- Integrating Authentication & Authorization capabilities into REST API
- Performance techniques to speed up the response from the REST API
- Using Postman to test your REST API
- Understand the basic concepts of HTTP (URL, Verbs, Request, Response)
- Understand short code snippets (No coding experience required!)
Every Software Architect is going to design REST API these days.
REST API is the de-facto standard of the Web API world, and all the major websites are having it – Twitter, Amazon, Facebook, Google and lots and lots more.
If you’re designing a web app – the developers using it will expect it to have a REST API.
But, how can you make your REST API stand out? How can you convince the API users to actually use the API, and not just take a quick look at it and go away?
In today’s world, where everyone expose REST API, it’s not easy to attract developers. And if no developer will come – usage and monetization will be a problem.
The key to make your API stand out is to design a well thought-of API, one that is:
1. Easy to use
2. Easy to understand
5. Just Works
A good Software Architect must be able to design such an API. In fact, designing the API is one of the most important tasks of the Software Architect.
In this comprehensive course, you’ll get all the knowledge required for designing great, professional, REST API, using the techniques used by all industry-leading APIs.
Here are some of the topics discussed in this course:
– What is API, and what is Web API
– The inner structure of REST Request and Response
– Tools that can help you simulate REST API calls, such as Postman and Beeceptor
– The special role of HTTP Verbs
– How a REST API URL should look like
– What are Response Codes and why do they matter
– How to give your API a professional looking documentation
– How to add authentication and authorization to your API
– Performance techniques to improve your API responsiveness
– Monitoring and its importance
– And lots more…
But that’s not all…
At the end of this course, you’ll be able to download the REST API Checklist, a comprehensive checklist that will guide you through the process of creating the most professional and attractive REST API. This checklist is your go-to-guide whenever you’ll design REST API, and as a Software Architect – you’ll design a lot of REST API…
This course takes you from the absolute basics of API to the most advanced topics, known only to few. Completing this course will give you all the knowledge required for building professional REST API, and, as a bonus, will put you in a great position when looking for your next job.
No other course covers this topic in such a comprehensive and thorough way. I’ve put all my 20+ years of experience with hundreds of clients in this course, and I’m sure you will greatly benefit of it.
What do my students have to say about my courses?
“well done – The course was very practical” – Sam
“Good explanation on the topics covered, “Soft Skills” section is a great addition of topics” – Sergio
“[The course] given me the confidence to go out to the market and advertise myself as such [an Architect]” – Mathew
“Life Changing” – Arivazhagan
And lots more…
Who is this course for?
Any person who is involved in web development, even system analyst, can profit from this course.
– Junior developers
– Senior developers
– Anyone else involved in web development
If you’re not sure if this course is for you – drop me a note!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
In this course we’ll use tools simulating REST API server and client (Beeceptor and Postman), so no actual coding is required.
Students are expected, however, to be able to understand simple coding snippet (there are a few), and to know how the internet is working (HTTP protocol, Request / Response model, and so on).
I’ve been in the software industry for more than 20 years, and a Software Architect for more than 17 years, working with a variety of clients – Fortune 100 enterprises, start-ups, govt. entities, defense, telco, banking, and lots more.
I’m an avid speaker and trainer, having trained thousands of students in various courses.
I love what I do, and my greatest passion (well, besides my family…) is designing modern, practical, and reliable systems for my clients, using the best possible API.
Who this course is for:
- Junior developers who would like to learn about API design
- Senior developers who need to solidify their API design knowledge
- Team Leaders working on complex systems
- Software Architects tasked with designing API-oriented system
- Anyone involved with Web Development