SQL for Data Analysis: Beginner MySQL Business Intelligence Download
Learn SQL database querying w/ MySQL Workbench. Perfect for SQL beginners and first-time coders.
What you’ll learn
- Write SQL queries to explore and analyze databases with MySQL Workbench
- Learn how to use SQL to extract, sort, filter, and group data quickly and efficiently
- Analyze data across multiple tables with powerful MySQL JOIN statements
- Solve practical hands-on assignments and real-world business use cases
- Master unique tips, tools and case studies that you won’t find anywhere else
- Get LIFETIME access to resource files, quizzes, assignments, and expert support
- MySQL Workbench and Community Server for Mac or Windows/PC (we’ll walk you through the free install process)
- Basic understanding of database fundamentals encouraged, but not required
SQL and MySQL are incredibly powerful tools for managing and analyzing relational databases, and a skill that every Analyst and Business Intelligence professional should have in the arsenal.
In this course, you’ll play the role of a business owner who just acquired Maven Movies, a brick and mortar DVD rental shop. Using only a MySQL database and MySQL Workbench, your mission is to learn everything that you can about your new business; including your inventory, staff, and customer behavior.
But don’t worry, you’re not alone! We’ll be right here to guide you from start to finish, sharing crystal clear explanations, MySQL pro tips and best practices, and course quizzes, projects and homework assignments to test your SQL and database analysis skills along the way.
- SQL Intro & MySQL Setup
We’ll start with a quick intro to the SQL landscape and it’s common “flavors” (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL, etc), then download and install the tools that we’ll need to access and explore our MySQL database (MySQL Community Server + MySQL Workbench)
- SQL Database Fundamentals (Part 1)
Once we have our tools installed, we’ll quickly review some database fundamentals and begin to explore the 16 tables contained within our MySQL database, containing information about Maven Movies customers, inventory, and transactions.
- Analyzing Data from Single Tables with MySQL
In this section we’ll start exploring and extracting information from individual tables in our MySQL database, and practice writing SQL queries to select, filter, sort and group our data.
[MID-COURSE MYSQL PROJECT]
- SQL Database Fundamentals (Part 2)
The second half of the course is all about anayzing data from multiple tables in MySQL, so we’ll begin with a quick review of relational databases and database analysis: primary vs. foreign keys, relationship cardinality, normalization, etc.
- Analyzing Multiple Tables via MySQL JOINS
In this section, we’ll review the most common types of SQL joins (INNER, LEFT, RIGHT, OUTER, etc), and explore some more complex MySQL queries to analyze data that bridges multiple tables in our database.
[FINAL MYSQL PROJECT]
IMPORTANT NOTE: This course does NOT cover building, altering, or maintaining SQL/MySQL databases. Our goal here is to focus on data exploration and database analysis using MySQL and MySQL Workbench (we’ll cover database administration tools in a separate course).
Enroll today and get LIFETIME access to:
- 5+ hours of high-quality video
- Downloadable MySQL ebook
- Quizzes and homework assignments
- Mid-course and Final SQL projects
- 30-day money-back guarantee
If you’re looking for a hands-on, practical guide to mastering data analysis with SQL/MySQL, this is the course for you!
-John (Lead SQL Instructor & MySQL Expert, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
Who this course is for:
- Analysts or BI professionals looking to quickly retrieve or analyze data stored in relational database systems
- Excel users looking to shift into a broader business intelligence or database-focused role
- Anyone seeking to learn one of the world’s most popular and powerful database programming languages (SQL)
- Students looking for a hands-on and highly engaging introduction to MySQL for data analysis
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
- NOTE: This course is NOT for database administrators (we won’t cover tools to build or maintain databases in this course)