Subquery Magic: Write awesome SQL, Master T-SQL Sub Queries
What you’ll learn
- Write subqueries and use them in various parts of a query, such as the FROM, WHERE, and HAVING clauses.
Gain the confidence to know when to use a sub query.
Solve complex problems, such as incorporating one query’s results, into another’s filter criteria.
- How to write a correlated subquery (this is a big deal)
- Solve problems, otherwise impossible to solve using SQL alone, using sub queries.
- You should already be familiar with SELECT, GROUP BY, and ORDER BY clauses
- Access to a PC running Windows 7, 8, or 10
In this Course you will Learn to:
- Know and understand subqueries
- Identify subqueries in SQL
- Use subqueries in your select statement
- Use subqueries in the WHERE clause with EXISTS and IN
- Write correlated subqueries (this is a big deal)
- Use subqueries with SUM, MAX and other Aggregate functions in GROUP BY and HAVING
Nothing is worse than
- Being excited to learn something new but not knowing where to start.
- Wasting time learning the wrong features.
- Being overwhelmed with options and not know which to use.
- Knowledge – Knowing how to quickly use subqueries to take your SQL to the next level.
- Confidence – Feeling good that you’re on the right track.
- Accomplishment – Having a sense of accomplishment that you’ve learned something most can not.
- Fun – Actually having fun learning SQL subqueries!
By the time you’ve completed this course you’ll have an appreciation of subqueries, overcome your fear, and able to write correlated queries to make your SQL more robust.
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner SQL query authors curious about subqueries.
- If you’re struck writing subqueries or baffled by correlated subqueries, then this course is for you!