Tableau Desktop for Data Analysis & Data Visualization Download
Learn data analysis w/ Tableau and prepare for a BI career or Tableau certification (10+ hr, Tableau Server not covered)
What you’ll learn
- Build professional-quality reports & dashboards with Tableau Desktop
- Transform raw data into beautiful interactive visuals
- Learn the same tools used by professional business intelligence analysts and data scientists
- Showcase your skills with course projects & assignments (with step-by-step solutions)
- Explore unique data sets and case studies (from Crossfit Competitions to UFO sightings)
- Learn from a best-selling instructor and award-winning Tableau developer
- This course is compatible with both Tableau Public (free) or Tableau Desktop (paid)
- We’ll walk through the download & installation process (you do NOT need to have Tableau already installed)
- Prior experience with analytics or BI platforms is helpful, but not required
Tableau Desktop is one of the most popular data visualization and self-service BI platforms in the world, and a powerful tool for analysts, data scientists, and business intelligence professionals alike.
This course is a practical, hands-on and project-based introduction to Tableau, designed to teach you how to connect, analyze and visualize raw data with real-world projects and case studies.
Throughout the course, you’ll be playing the role of a newly hired Business Intelligence Analyst for Maven Supplies, a cutting-edge office supply store looking to bring the sizzle back to copy paper and sticky notes. Your mission? Use Tableau Desktop to design and build an executive-level dashboard, from the ground up.
But don’t worry, we’ll be guiding you each step of the way, with crystal clear explanations and helpful pro tips to help you build your Tableau Desktop skills.
We’ll start with a quick intro to the Tableau platform and community, then connect and transform our first dataset. From there we’ll explore sorting, filtering and grouping tools, build and format visuals, define custom calculations and parameters, and finally tie it all together with dynamic, interactive dashboards and stories:
- Introducing Tableau Desktop
- Installing Tableau, community tools, interface & workflow, helpful resources, etc.
- Connecting to Data
- Connection types, data interpreter, unions & joins, live connections vs. extracts, etc.
- Sorting, Filtering & Grouping
- Dimensions vs. measures, context filters, sets & hierarchies, action filters, etc.
- Visualizing Data with the Marks Card
- Mark types, visual properties, stacking marks, the pages shelf, analytics tools, etc.
- Analyzing Data with Calcs & Parameters
- Aggregations, table calcs, LOD expressions, parameters, addressing & partitioning, etc.
- Building Interactive Dashboards
- Dashboard objects & sizing, tiled vs. floating, device designer, stories, etc.
As you develop your reputation as an expert analyst, you’ll encounter a number of extra assignments designed to test your skills and provide an opportunity to apply them to new projects. You’ll explore CrossFit competition data, analyze real estate listings, visualize UFO sightings, build reports & dashboards to track hybrid & electric vehicle owners, and more.
By the end of the course, you’ll have a deep and well-rounded understanding of Tableau Desktop, and can feel confident adding Tableau skills to your professional resume. Not only will you have developed an entire business intelligence dashboard from scratch, but you will have gained the knowledge and confidence to apply these tools to your own projects.
Whether you’re a casual user, aspiring analyst, or data science professional, this course will give you the tools you need to become an absolute Tableau ROCKSTAR — guaranteed.
Join today and get immediate, lifetime access to the following:
- 10+ hours of high-quality video
- 100+ page Tableau ebook
- Downloadable Tableau project files & solutions
- Homework assignments & quizzes
- Course Q&A forum
- 30-day money-back guarantee
See you in the course!
-Dustin (Featured Tableau Author & Lead Tableau Instructor, Maven Analytics)
Looking for the full business intelligence stack? Search for “Maven Analytics“ to browse our full course library, including Excel, Power BI, MySQL, and Tableau courses!
See why Maven Analytics courses are among the TOP-RATED the BEST-SELLING analytics courses on Udemy:
“Some of the BEST courses I’ve ever taken. I’ve studied several programming languages, Excel, VBA and web dev, and Maven is among the very best I’ve seen!” Russ C.
“This is my fourth course from Maven Analytics and my fourth 5-star review, so I’m running out of things to say. I wish Maven was in my life earlier!” Tatsiana M.
“Excellent from start to finish. I picked up a bunch of techniques that will be useful in the workplace, from new chart templates to some very cool advanced visualizations. I loved all of it!” Robert C.
“Maven Analytics should become the new standard for all courses taught on Udemy!” Jonah M.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking for a hands-on, project-based introduction to Tableau Desktop
- Data analysts or data scientists hoping to add powerful visualization and BI skills to the resume
- Aspiring data professionals looking to learn one of the most popular self-service BI tools on the planet
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis, data visualization or business intelligence
- Students who want a comprehensive, engaging, and highly interactive approach to training