The beginner’s guide to coding Download
Break into web development with this 100% beginner-friendly course. Absolutely NO experience is required.
What you’ll learn
- How to get started in web development
- Which programs to download and install (they are all free)
- How websites work behind the scenes
- What web browsers do (it’s A LOT)
- Introduction to HTML/HTML5
- What HTML is and why it’s important
- How to read and write HTML
- Create a portfolio webpage as your primary project
- You need a desktop or laptop (you cannot code on a phone or tablet).
Welcome to the beginner’s guide to coding!
In this course, we’re going to explore a lot together. There are three modules (3 mini-courses) included in the beginner’s guide to coding:
- Web Development Fundamentals: A beginners guide to coding
- Understanding how websites work, a glimpse into the request/response lifecycle
- HTML 101: An introduction to web development for complete beginners
First, we’ll look at web development fundamentals including common myths about getting into web development, the tools of the trade, getting a coding program installed, and much more.
Then we’ll dive into understanding websites and take a look at how websites actually work, what your browser does, and how it all comes together on your computer. We’ll look into web requests and server responses as the way computers “talk” to each other.
Lastly, we’ll jump into HTML 101 where we’ll learn about what HTML is, how it’s useful, why we should learn it, and then we’ll be writing quite a bit of code.
There are 3 projects — one at the end of each module. This will give you hands-on experience every step of the way.
What separates this course from other courses in this is 100% beginner-friendly, there are no assumptions made about your skill level, and I’ve designed the curriculum to help you learn properly meaning you won’t need to take another HTML course if you don’t want to — you’ll be completely set up for success as a beginner web developer.
Who this course is for:
- People who are interested in learning about web development
- People who want to get into web development or coding but don’t know where to start