The Beginners JIRA Tutorial Learn Agile Project Management
The Beginners JIRA Tutorial : Learn Agile Project Management
What you’ll learn
- End users shall learn about the JIRA Portfolio – JIRA Software, JIRA Service Desk, and JIRA Core)
- Describe the Scrum software development process and how it’s implemented in Jira Software
- Agile Project Managers shall be able to create and manage Scrum or Kanban Board
- Product Owners shall be able to maintain a backlog effectively
- Scrum Masters shall be learn how to groom the backlog and plan the sprint
- Agile Team members shall Prioritize issues and group them into epics and versions
- Agile Team Members shall learn estimating stories and create a sprint backlog
- JIRA Administrators shall configure the board to add columns, swimlanes, and quick filters
- Navigate issues by mapping statuses to columns, transition stories across the board to “Done”
- Identify and use the Reports and Dashboards within JIRA for status reporting
- There is no pre-requisite knowledge required to take this course.
- Access your Free Trial of JIRA to practice or follow the course exercises
This Introduction to JIRA course is intended to be to get you up to speed on how to be more productive and effective in JIRA.
Who is the target audience?
This JIRA course is meant for three main types of people: JIRA users who want to be able to use it better. Team leaders and managers who want to take advantage of its features for their team and, finally, administrators who need to set JIRA up for their teams and companies.
There’s just too many variables to include everything, so instead we’re focusing on the core concepts and features to get you up to speed quickly.
JIRA is a very comprehensive tool and one of the most popular agile project management tools out there. When used and configured correctly, it will help you work smarter, faster and more efficiently.
WHY TAKE THE COURSE:
Contains the most amount of content out of all dedicated JIRA courses on Udemy
Learn the most important characteristics of Scrum and Kanban agile methodologies
Real-world examples including
How to manage your daily task-list via a daily scrum-based process
Configure permissions and projects for internal team members, as well as external members (Eg: consultants, customers etc)
JIRA allows you to create stories and epics for agile projects – learn how to create another issue type used in agile called Spike and create custom screens, fields and workflows for this new issue type.
Modify the default software development workflow to include steps for QA
How to manage multiple teams working on the same projects via multiple agile boards catered to each team
Never-ending support – I am only a message away from answering any questions you might have
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE:
Agile Concepts – Goes into detail with Scrum and Kanban methodologies. By the end of the section, you’ll have a full refresher on these methodologies as I made sure I hit the most important notes when it comes to how they work.
Working within an agile team – Get your first look at navigating the Jira user interface and learn how to create issues, work on issues through the agile boards, search for issues, create custom dashboards to see whats happening in Jira and other functions beneficial to any agile team member.
Leading an agile team – Configuring and managing agile boards, creating and maintaining the backlog as well as starting and ending sprints and creating releases.
Real-world examples, scenarios and bonus content – This is where I show you how I use Jira to track and forecast my personal day-to-day tasklist, while using a daily scrum-based process, among other examples.
Who is the target audience?
- Professionals from industries such as Information Technology, Banking & Financial Services, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Retail Distribution, & Education
- Agile Coaches, developers, scrum masters, team leads, project managers, product owners. Anyone who uses Jira Software to manage Agile development.
- Functional experts from Operations, Quality, Business Excellence, Customer Service, Finance, Engineering, Sales Operations & HR