The German Alphabet – a complete guide to pronunciation Download
Learn how to spell and pronounce words in German and practice listening to the letters of the German alphabet
What you’ll learn
- Say the German alphabet
- Understand when people spell words in German
- Be able to spell words in German
- Be able to spell email addresses in German
- Be able to read German words, whether known or unknown
- Be able to read vowels or diphthongs within a German word correctly
- Be able to read consonants and their combinations within German words correctly
- All you need is a pen and paper for the listening exercises.
- You may also want to sit in a quiet room without too much background noise.
This updated course is the complete guide to the German alphabet.
You will learn
- how to pronounce the letters of the alphabet in German, including the extra letters ä, ö, ü and ß
- how to spell email addresses and other words in German
- how to spell words using the German spelling alphabet
You will also learn
- how the letters sound within a word, all the vowels, consonants and letter combinations
- how German words sound so that you can pronounce them, even if you don’t know them
Listening exercises will reinforce what you have learned. And there is an option to practise some tongue twisters.
Anybody who has started learning German or has an interest in the German language will benefit from this course.
Intermediate or advanced German learners probably won’t need this course but may still have fun practising their listening skills.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anybody who has started learning German or wants to revise the alphabet again.
- Advanced learners, though, may find it too easy (but sometimes that’s not a bad idea).